Happy 4th of July … hope you have some super fun plans to celebrate this great holiday weekend.
We are enjoying fireworks tonight in our neighborhood and a block party tomorrow night on our street. Our french foreign exchange student is looking forward to taking part in the activities.
Tonight we will enjoy an All American Dinner of Fried Chicken and Homemade Mac n Cheese (recipe to follow). Tomorrow night it is hot dogs and we will be bringing a side dish to share at the street party. One of our new favorite recipes for summer is Smores Dip! It is so super simple and it saves us from being eaten alive outside at night during the summer while roasting marshmallows.
All you need is two ingredients (semi-sweet chocolate chips and mini marshmallows), some graham crackers for dipping and you are set.
– Preheat your oven to 450 Degrees.
– Butter a large non-stick frying pan or cast iron skillet.
– Place a bag of chocolate chips in the bottom.
– Cover the chocolate chips with mini-marshmallows.
– Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.
– Pull the pan out once the marshmallows are toasted to a perfect shade of brown.
Have a safe 4th of July!