Almost as important as the game itself, the food we make and serve during these tailgating and football watching weekends. I just love this fun recipe for chocolate covered potato chips. If my husband is reading this blog post I must ask him to look away now … you see he does not share in my love of sweet and salty mixed together. He can not watch me at Chick Fil A when I dip a waffle fry in my vanilla milkshake. But, if you are a lover of salty and sweet, like me, these Chocolate Covered Football Potato Chips are the perfect fun item for your football party.
The best part is this recipe requires just three items – take a look at the ingredients and recipe below:
- Stackable Potato Chips (I prefer Pringles)
- Wilton Chocolate Melts
- Wilton White Icing Tube
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Microwave 1/2 cup of the chocolate melts for 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
3. Dip the chips into the melted chocolate and coat evenly. Set on the wax paper to harden.
4. Once the chocolate hardens and is “set”, pipe the football laces on each football chip with the Wilton white icing. Let dry for at least 10 minutes.